UPMC Mercy is hiring a casual Advanced Echo Sonographer to support the Vascular Lab! If you’re an experienced imaging professional looking to pick up extra hours, this could be your opportunity! This casual Sonographer role will work mainly weekend daylight shifts from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Flexibility to work occasional weekdays is a plus!
Performs imaging procedures at an advanced level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of advanced technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and a broad knowledge of cardiac pathology.
- Performs or assists Lead Sonographer or Clinical Specialist in performing QA, regulatory testing, and other technical and research initiatives.
- Demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually communicating with lead and management team.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment and processes and is able to troubleshoot issues.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills and a willingness to educate others in their areas of expertise. Serves as a resource for new hires and students.
- Participates in standardization activities with system-level workgroups. Works directly with Cardiologists regarding protocol development.
- Exhibits advanced level of knowledge related to normal anatomy and pathology.
- Able to recognize pathology and the ability to think critically, assessing the patient results for communication with the physician.
- Performs all job responsibilities of Level I Sonographer.
- Conducts himself/herself in accordance with system-wide and departmental values, policies, and procedures.
- Completion of formal training in an accredited ultrasound program or professional equivalent required.
- 2 years of echo experience required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Registry Required
- Act 33, 34, 73 as required by business unit
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.