The OFFICAL job posting will be available on UW-Madison’s job website: Jobs at UW–Madison (wisc.edu) from Sept 27th – Oct 24th, 2021. This is a two-year rotation position that can become a permanent role.
For more information visit: Job Rotation Program – University of Wisconsin–Madison – UW–Madison or contact the program at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Title: Associate Financial Specialist – Job Rotation Program
Official title: Administrative Specialist
Responsible for a variety of professional level work across an assortment of administrative service areas with impact throughout the university in support of unit or institutional goals.
Within our program, we have Associate Financial Specialist – Job Rotation Program roles that will rotate through four 6-month assignments over a two-year timeframe throughout financial departments/functions at the University.
The program allows you to rotate through areas such as, but not limited to: Campus Budget Office, Procurement, Accounting, Bursar, auxiliary units (e.g., housing facilities), and schools/colleges (Business, Letters & Science, Medicine, Engineering).
UW-Madison is currently accepting applications for the July 2022 program start.
Rotation employees are hired and onboarded at the same time as a cohort. You will move through this experience and engage in training and information sharing with your cohort members. Though you will be in different rotation assignments, the cohort will attend program orientation together, have regular meetings, and participate in group professional development opportunities. In addition, rotation cohort members contribute to the development and growth of the program overall. The cohort consists of both Human Resources and Finance track cohort members.
– Two-year, entry level rotation program that supports development of technical and leadership skills
– Strong, dynamic team environment and interaction with senior managers and key leaders across the organization
– One-on-one mentoring with experienced leaders across campus and within various divisions or schools
– Directed and sponsored by the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration office and divisions
Implements and executes established policies and procedures for a designated work unit to adhere to unit objectives and to align with established strategies
Analyzes data and trends, compiles progress reports, and provides appropriate recommendations or conclusions in support of the assigned operational work unit(s)
Serves on committees and attends meetings, representing the interests of the unit or program
Engages in developmental related activities specific to the Rotation Program and each Rotation assignment
Builds relationships with the rotation departments, cohort, alumni and JRP Manager and contributes to the growth and development of assigned departments and program overall
Degree and area of specialization:
Possesses or will obtain an Associate’s degree by start date
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
– Strong financial acumen
– Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and other data
– Learning agility and desire for experience across the diverse domains of Finance and Accounting
– Proficient in MS Office
– Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
– Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines
– Detail oriented and strong problem solving and decision-making skills
– Able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, or related field by start date
– Prior relevant internship or entry-level work experience
– Demonstrated comfort in a dynamic environment
– Knowledge of financial budgeting principles, practices, and procedures
– Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
– Experience with projects and transactional work
– Ability to analyze financial and business information and metrics to make logical forecasts, projections
– Presentation skills
– Comfort and ability to work within ambiguity
The UW-Madison’s Job Rotation Program is a highly competitive two-year program designed to accelerate professional growth by providing training, exposure, and experience in a variety of key functional areas that impact our business. You, as a participant, will work directly with leaders and mentors who can contribute to your career development in addition to helping you build technical and leadership skills. The rotation assignment has the possibility to transition into a permanent position upon the participant’s successful completion of the program as well as current business need. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
There are multiple positions available.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required