Commercial Credit Analyst
Univest is looking for a Full Time Commercial Credit Analyst to join our Credit team in Souderton, PA.
- Partner with Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers, and Credit Officers during all phases of commercial underwriting process, which includes new requests, renewals and annual reviews of existing relationships.
- Primary roles: • Organize relevant financial data. Spread and analyze audited, reviewed and company prepared financials in addition to corporate and personal tax returns and personal financial statements. • Prepare cash flow charts, test covenants, and determine collateral coverage position. • Prepare credit proposal summaries for approval. Written content within proposals include a summary of the analytical framework used to capture the default risk and recovery prospects of a transaction. Topics include but not limited to: financial performance analysis, cash flow generation, loan grades, debt capacity, and projected outlook. • Complete various training assigned by Manager which may be outside normal business hours and off-site. Performs other responsibilities as required. Responsible for compliance with laws and regulations that apply to the position, including the Univest Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics. Other Bachelor’s degrees considered.
- Commercial banking underwriting experience preferred.
- Skills required or to be developed include: credit risk analysis, financial statement analysis, commercial loan underwriting and succinct business writing. Knowledge of traditional C&I, Commercial Construction, Commercial Mortgage and SBA program loan structures, covenants and documentation.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communications skills.
- Ability to work within compressed deadlines.
- Comfortable with interacting with senior management.
- Professional appearance, strong interpersonal skills, positive and professional attitude.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.