Univision’s Local Media group is seeking a Senior Director of Financial Analysis to help formulate and execute the division’s Video and Audio strategies. This individual will partner closely with Local Media’s COO/CFO and management team to drive operational, strategic, and growth initiatives. To succeed in this role, you must be adept at drawing insights from data, skilled at creating clear, concise analysis with compelling narratives. Candidate must have excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills.
This role supports the development of Univision’s Local Media group’s strategy and business initiatives from a foundation of strong business and industry knowledge. The role will consist of project-based work supporting a variety of business operators by providing strategic analysis and market intelligence, and general business support for the executive team.
- Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and working relationships with teams across Local Media and other divisions to ensure you understand operations and are able to identify operating improvement or growth opportunities to drive value
- Experience in identifying, evaluating and analyzing operating/business trends, risks and opportunities within the media, advertising and digital sectors.
- Plan and execute strategic analysis as required by Senior Management to support business activity & decision-making, including direct to consumer services, , business unit performance and forecasting, new business development, growth strategies, & support strategic projects and process improvements
- Monitor business unit by helping define core KPIs, monitoring performance against and understand/quantifying the underlying performance drivers.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate industry trends that impact strategic planning and growth.
- Act as internal consultant to lead and manage ad hoc strategic projects and their respective teams
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree/MBA with a minimum of 6 years experience in corporate strategy or corporate finance, investment banking, or management consulting role requiring extensive quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations for an executive audience
- Superior quantitative modeling skills and a robust understanding of finance and value creation.
- Excellent research skills and ability to organize, synthesize and present information to management to drive decision making.
- Prior experience with new business development and launches.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in strategic analysis and thinking is required, including: Quantitative and qualitative analysis; Business modeling; Financial analysis; Project management skills
- Knowledge of the US / global media market, particularly advertising, broadcasting and digital. Know key products, players, trends etc.
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure and rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and maintain focus and confidentiality
- Strong relationship building ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English and basic understanding of Spanish.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis