Roles such as Product Development/Production Apparel, PD/Production Home & Raw Materials
At URBN, we pride ourselves on more than just our unique products and successful portfolio of brands. We source the best of the best talent to drive our business forward, and our Interns are a crucial part of that equation. Our Interns have the unique opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience across a range of departments and brands with exposure to company leaders, engaging workshops/excursions and our creative & entrepreneurial culture.
URBN is a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN, Terrain, Nuuly and URBN Food & Beverage. We create unique retail experiences with an eye toward creativity and a singular focus on pleasing our customer.
PD/ Production/Sourcing Intern Responsibilities:
- Track garments with overseas factories and manage production samples
- Act as liaison between buyers and vendors on purchase orders
- Understand how timing and scheduling effect the product development cycle
- Understand how design, production, and buying interact and work cross functionally
- Passionate about the product development, production, and sourcing process and eager to learn new skills
- Command of retail math concepts and applications
- Strong communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
What to Submit
- Submit a completed application via our careers website. If there is a project component in the application (see above), it is required that you submit one to be considered for a position.
- Complete HireVue: Candidates will receive an email with a link to complete a HireVue Video Interview. Candidates will have 2 days to complete this portion of the application once the email is received.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified at a later date.
*Please note you are only allowed to apply to ONE Summer Internship posting so choose the role you are the MOST excited about! Our team will assess if you are better suited for another area and let you know.*
Please check out urbn.com/internships and @urbn_internships on Instagram to learn more about our program! Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.