UNITED STATES COLD STORAGE, INC
Camden, NEW JERSEY
JOB TITLE: CIT analyst Co-op
Exempt YES Job Code:
Salary Level: Hourly Division: Corporate
Shift: N/A Department: Engineering
Travel: 20-30% Location: Camden
Reports to: Continuous Improvement Supervisor
Prepared by: Jim McKelvie Date: 1/20/21
Approved by: _______________ Date:
The continuous improvement team works with all 40+ USCS facilities around the country providing analytic support and project management for large- and small-scale operational improvements. Due to the large customer base each facility has a variety of different operations that must perform efficiently.
Primary duties of this position involve working with the Continuous Improvement Team (through a 40 hour work week) assisting in daily activities, such as:
· Data Collection and analysis
· Identifying and improving process inefficiencies
· Conducting best practice facility audits
· Drive productivity through internal KPI’s
· Collect information and provide customer KPI’s
· Work with and define automation characteristics for large customer projects
A CIT analyst co-op is a paid position responsible for reporting out of the Camden, NJ office. The co-op will be responsible for understanding and supporting existing warehouse technology, research and project financial justification, new technology implementation, and support of new industry solutions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Gain an understanding of entire lifecycle of product in USCS Facilities.
– Become familiar with each warehouse department and their daily responsibilities
– Utilize USCS proprietary WMS system to pull reports for data analysis
– Perform basic QA testing on USCS proprietary WMS system
– Utilize current models and databases to identify facility opportunities.
– Use Tableau to improve the delivery of current analyses
– Identify customer specific programs that fit the characteristics for good automation
– Engage facility management to show labor savings or service improvements with layer picking, pick tunnels and slotting
– Work with automation team to understand the technologies being implemented
– Perform financial analysis on new technology
– Perform CIT assessments at select USCS facilities
– Perform Lean Rapid Improvement events and assist in developing cost savings
– Lead the research and implementation of an advanced warehouse optimization tool
– Create training documentation and provide in person training
– Bridge communication between system programmers and warehouse management
– Communicate with analysts throughout the company to address common issues
– Develop a relationship and ability to communicate with C suite level executives
– Develop a relationship and ability to communicate with all warehouse level employees
– Ability to work long hours in a cold environment
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Education: Working towards bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
– Specialized Knowledge: Tableau, Microsoft Access, Informatica, AS400, MS Office- Specifically Excel, Basic SQL
– Special Skills: Effective written and oral communication, ability to analyze and solve problems, excellent mathematical skills. Excellent computer skills.
– Other: Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.