Job Title: Java Developer Co-Op
Who We Are: USCS is driven to advance, innovate and serve companies seeking the best service, facilities, and logistics in the cold chain. We are employee focused, an equal employment opportunity employer and would love to have you join our team.
The Job Details:
This position Is a Co-Op opportunity only being offered to a Junior or Senior working towards a Computer Science degree that are excited to get some hands-on experience developing in a common enterprise technology stack.. In this position you will be working as part of our Internal Development Team on our Warehouse Management System (WMS). Our technology stack is varied so we are sure you will be able to work on all aspects of the system. Our internal team will be readily available to answer any questions that may come up. While in this position you will be assisting with the implementation and System management as well as other assigned tasks.
The Job Specifics:
- Location, Department and Work Hours: Camden, NJ, IT, 9-5 But hours may vary based on department needs.
- Reports To: Manager in IT Department
- Travel Amount: Not Likely
- Job Type, EEO, and Job Code: Co-Op, Exempt
- This is a 6 month Minimum Co-Op Program
What We Are Looking For:
- Junior or Senior in College that will be graduating with A Computer Science degree.
Other Abilities You Will Need to Have: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Good arithmetic, reading, and typing skills
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Be able to see, speak and hear
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities.
- Understand and follow verbal instruction, written instruction and company policies.
- A starter that can work independently and coordinate with others
- Follow safety procedures at all times.
- Ability to manage stress and productivity guidelines
The Standard Details:
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications.
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.
What’s In It For You:
A great company with great people. Full-time employees not under contract are offered: 401K and Educational Assistance after 1 year; If elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield after 30 days of service; Company Life Insurance; and a bunch of other great perks.
Things We Need To Mention:
- The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job.
- Job functions may vary based on area of operation. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.