Job Title: Product Support Co-Op
Who We Are: USCS is driven to advance, innovate and serve companies seeking the best service, facilities, and logistics in the cold chain. We are employee focused, an equal employment opportunity employer and would love to have you join our team.
The Job Details:
This position Is a Co-Op opportunity only being offered to a Senior working towards an Information Systems or Logistics, Engineering, or a related technical degree that is excited to get some hands-on experience supporting and troubleshooting warehouse management system and B2B customer portal. In this position you will be working with our IT development team and work on product support requests. We are looking for someone eager to learn and help us along the way.
The Product Support co-op will primarily focus on and be responsible for looking into support requests, troubleshooting, identifying and routing requests to right team members while working independently and collaboratively.
Our internal team will be readily available to answer any questions that may come up.
The Job Specifics:
- Location, Department and Work Hours: Camden, NJ, IT, 9-5 But hours may vary based on department needs.
- Reports To: Manager in IT Department
- Travel Amount: Not Likely
- Job Type, EEO, and Job Code: Co-Op, Exempt
- This is a 6-month Minimum Co-Op Program.
What We Are Looking For:
Ideal applicant will be in their final year of their Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field.
- Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting basic web app issues.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Great collaborator and team player with a get-it-done attitude; motivated to learn and help others
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and plan work independently and within the team
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Other Abilities You Will Need to Have: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Good arithmetic, reading, and typing skills
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Be able to see, speak and hear
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities.
- Understand and follow verbal instruction, written instruction and company policies.
- A starter that can work independently and coordinate with others
- Follow safety procedures at all times.
- Ability to manage stress and productivity guidelines
The Standard Details:
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications.
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.
What’s In It For You:
A great company with great people. Full-time employees not under contract are offered: 401K and Educational Assistance after 1 year; If elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield after 30 days of service; Company Life Insurance; and a bunch of other great perks.
Things We Need To Mention:
- The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job.
- Job functions may vary based on area of operation. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.