USA Sport Group is at the forefront of providing high-quality sports enrichment programs to over 50,000 children annually. With classes and camps taking place in over 400 towns across NY, NJ & CT including preschool sports, soccer, tennis, basketball, t-ball, and more, we are always on the lookout for great people to join our team.
As a USA Sport Group Intern you will gain hands-on work experience at an exciting, fast-paced, sports company. USA Sport Group internships can provide you with college course credits (depending on school requirements), or simply provide necessary work experience to prepare you for your future career.
The HR & Recruitment Internship is designed for students studying or those aspiring towards a career in human resources, recruitment, human services, employee relations, psychology, business administration and/or labor studies. Students will gain knowledge and experience in the recruitment process, scheduling, organizational development, and employee management.
You will work under the guidance of the Human Resources Director to assist with recruitment, on-boarding, and compliance checks before and during the employment life cycle of employees. You will gain knowledge in the business of high volume recruitment and will assist with posting employment opportunities on job boards, screening applicants, assessing applicant eligibility, scheduling interviews, and organizing candidate assessments.
Part of your experience will include assisting the Recruitment Manager with the planning and implementation of regional recruitment events, employee development workshops and careers fairs, where you will also gain work experience in event planning and marketing. Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create, maintain and monitor the health and status of employee profiles
- Perform background checks, reference screening, and record necessary certifications to meet employment compliance.
- Assist in the development and improvement of company policies and procedures
- Provide an open line of communication to candidates
- Assist customers with their registration via phone and live chat.
Does this sound like you?
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to deliver company philosophy and uphold customer service standards
- Clear and friendly phone manner
- Computer literate – especially Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task in a pressurized environment
- Good communication skills both verbally and in written
- An interest or passion for sports
Flexible Internships Available
- 6-12 weeks of work experience
- 10-20 hours per week
- A blend of virtual and onsite hours can be offered
- Customizable hours based around your studies
- Earn course credits
- Fall: 10-week semester. Start middle of September through November.
- Spring 1: 10-week semester. Start late January to beginning of April.
- Spring 2: 10-week semester. Start beginning of April to the middle of June.
- Summer: 8 to 10-week semester. Start middle of June through August.