Project Engineer – Co-op
(Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, Civil, Engineering Mgmt.)
January, 2022 thru August, 2022
Engineering at USG is a broad-based activity where Engineers are exposed to multi-disciplinary work at various stages of projects. This hands-on experience provides entry-level Engineers the opportunity for high visibility and responsibility.
The Project Engineer – Co-op provides engineering support within a plant manufacturing environment for a summer and fall term and/or for a spring and summer term.
The Project Engineer – Co-op will be given “real” assignments that will have an impact within the facility.
USG has Project Engineer – Co-op opportunities at multiple manufacturing locations across the U.S.
Responsibilities include assisting with the planning and implementation of capital projects to improve employee safety, production efficiencies or product quality. The work is “hands on” and designed to give the student a broad view of manufacturing.
- For the January, 2022 thru August, 2022 co-op term, students will have attained at least sophomore status in school with graduation dates of December, 2022 thru December, 2024.
- Co-op students must be pursuing an engineering degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Civil, Industrial or Engineering Management.
- Students available for a co-op opportunity in January, 2022 must be able to work during two consecutive terms (6 months): Spring, 2022 AND Summer, 2022.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 required
- Applicants must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- USG is an Equal Opportunity Employer