The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for sourcing functions to support research endeavors at UT Southwestern. Previous experience in purchasing and/or sourcing with lab or research experience highly preferred. Candidate must have prior knowledge in analysis of quality, cost, service, and other factors to support strategic purchasing decisions. Candidate must collaborate with both internal stakeholders and external suppliers, establishing positive customer relationships with the ability to effectively communicate . In addition, the candidate will need strong analytical skills to interpret and determine cost saving opportunities with the ability to prioritize. A working understanding of GPOs (Group Purchasing Organizations) and benchmarking tools is preferred.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in science, healthcare, or business related field. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in contract administration, purchasing, sourcing, and demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Strong knowledge in the review and understanding of legal contracts, terms, and conditions. Must obtain one of the following certifications: Certified Texas Purchasing Manager or Certified Texas Contract Developer within six months of hire by internal scheduling. PMP Certification & Healthcare related experience preferred. Prefer proficiency with PeopleSoft. Prefer proficiency with Jagger Sourcing Director and TCM.
- Prepare, manage, and execute the procurement lifecycle while coordinating efforts with end-users sourcing approaches and provide recommendations based on Contract hierarchy and federal and state regulations.
- Provide effective management of scouring timeline to reduce RFX lifecycle and portfolios while ensuring that all contract documents are readily assessable.
- Conduct kick-off meetings with internal and external contributors – including collaborating partners, 3rd party subcontractors and primes.
- Execute and drive all review cycles including KPI and ongoing contract and vendor management. Develop a risk-assessment and contract-monitoring plan.
- Work with the technical teams and SMEs to translate highly technical requirements and information into clear messaging and content to produce compelling, responsive and superior quality RFPs, proposals, and final contracts.
- Partner with internal SMEs to maintain up to date product information and functionality related content and materials.
- Implement a value-based selection process, which positions the Sourcing team and Supply Chan Department as a trusted advisor.
- Coordinate contracts review and execution while managing vendor business reviews and KPIs as required.
- Review contracts for business terms and make needed changes and/or enhancements. Interacts with legal on contract language and legal terms in accordance with UT Southwestern policies and procedures.
- Monitor contractors’ compliance in accordance with contractual requirements to include insurance and HUB requirements.
- Export, Filter, Categorize and Interpret volumes of data to identify opportunities resulting from data selections and recommend sourcing opportunities.
- Compile information and respond to internal and external audit requests.
- Set up, maintain and complete tasks/activities in Sourcing Director platform.
- Performs other duties as assigned.