Operational Excellence Lead
We are seeking an Operational Excellence Lead Intern to become an integral part of our team. The role is responsible for supporting achievement of Valcor’s goals on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost through the use of Lean Manufacturing methodologies. Reporting to the Manager of Operational Excellence, he/she will assist facilitating continuous improvement events through the use of Op Ex tools rooted in TPS principals.
This is a hands on, self-motivated position that is expected to interact with employees at every level, as well as help promote a culture of continuous improvement across all functions with the organization.
· Drive a metrics based, data driven culture with a focus on continuous improvement.
· Monitor and analyze metrics to identify trends or opportunities where cost savings/cost avoidance and/or quality improvements can be realized.
· Effectively deploy Lean/CI methods into the organization.
· Partner with Manufacturing and Quality t reduce scrap/rework through Lean/CI initiatives.
· Provide timely and accurate project status to all organizational levels.
· Develop and maintain process maps for project and process improvements efforts.
· Assist key suppliers with the adoption of Lean Methodologies.
· Interface with customers to adopt best practices where possible.
· Implement and embrace a visual workplace to include metrics, 6S, and standard work.
· Drive a culture of accountability, attention to detail and strict adherence to Valcor Personal Guarantee Program and Quality Management System.
· Project Management
· Technical Capacity
· Business Acumen
· Bias for action
· Problem Solving/Analysis
· Presentation Skills
· Dealing with Ambiguity
· Time Management
· Attention to Detail
Required Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or industrial engineering or a related field.
- DMAIC Green Belt or equivalent; Lean, TPM or Six Sigma experience and/or certifications is a plus.
- Project Management experience leading/managing large cross-functional project and timelines.
- Experience training and coaching others in problem solving methodologies is preferred.
- Statistical analysis software experience (i.e. Minitab), preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience conducting research
- Very task-oriented
- Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills