Join Our Team!
Valencia College is now hiring Part-time Nautilus Fitness Assistants to join the Physical Education department.
In this role, the primary responsibility is to educate participants and enforce rules and regulations regarding safe and proper use of equipment and facility as well as assisting with the cleaning of the strength training and cardio equipment. In this position you will assist instructors with evaluations, orientations and perform new member orientation and assist students in fitness classes.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you’ll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) [required]
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified or be willing to obtain certification within 2 months of employment [required]
- Prior experience working at a fitness center or gym (preferred)
- Demonstrate understanding of correct use and adjustment strength training and cardio machines (preferred)
- Demonstrate knowledge on the instruction and presentation of the proper use of weight and cardio equipment (preferred)
- Demonstrate knowledge of exercise physiology, strength training theory, and anatomy and exercise instruction (preferred)
- College-level coursework in exercise science and/or experience teaching fitness classes (preferred)
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: FL Based – Orlando, FL 32811 – West Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Physical Education Department
Closing Date: Thursday, August 5, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
Salary: $12.60 per hour
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.