Great opportunity for students wanting to get experience in the healthcare field.
We are hiring Full Time, Part Time and PRN for all shifts.
Starting pay $15.00 PLUS shift differentials
LOCATION: Main Hospital
The Patient Transport Tech I :
- transports patients with an automated external defibrillator (AED) to and from nursing units, radiology/non-radiology treatment/procedural areas, and cardiac units.
- Delivers specimens, medications and medical equipment throughout the organization. This position provides assistance by managing patient flow to the Emergency Department and Bed Management to prevent and relieve diversions and high census.
- Ensures patient safety utilizing Behavior Expectation for Error Prevention (BEEP) tools.
- Works collaboratively with fellow team members to provide a safe, caring, respectful and comfortable experience for all. This position assists with emergency medical responses.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire:
- CPR preferred
- National Association of Healthcare Transport Management (NAHTM) Certified Healthcare Transporter (CHT) preferred
- Previous experience using a personal computer and various software applications, including Microsoft, e-mail, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- One (1) year previous work experience in a healthcare setting and/or in customer service
- Education/training REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Post High School courses in an allied health or healthcare-related field from an accredited program
Independent action(s) required:
- Recognizes changes in a patient’s baseline status before transporting.
- Interacts effectively with nursing units, physicians, technologists and patients.
- Documents specimen and medical equipment inventories.
- Efficiently utilizes Tele Tracking XT, Cerner Power chart, Orchestrate, Vocera and iPhone.
- Follows hospital and departmental policies.
Job duties may include the handling, transportation, access to and/or contact with medications and related supplies.
- Must be prepared to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, extended hours and during inclement weather to ensure patient flow and throughput
- Employee is subject to outside environment conditions when providing requested services
- Age Specific groups served: All
- Physical Requirements (includes use of assistance devices as appropriate):
- Physical – Lifting 20-50 lbs.
- Activities: Prolonged standing, Prolonged sitting, Walking (distance)
- Mental/Sensory: Strong recall, Reasoning, Problem solving, Hearing, Speak clearly, Write legibly, Reading, Logical thinking
- Emotional: Fast pace environment, Steady pace, Able to handle multiple priorities, Frequent and intense customer interactions, Able to adapt to frequent change