At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Genscape, a Wood Mackenzie/Verisk Analytics business operates the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distributes industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The Staff Accountant position is located in Louisville, KY and reports directly to the Finance Manager. Responsibilities include the ownership of the month-end close and balance sheet reconciliations for multiple companies and in multiple currencies. Additional areas of exposure could include internal software capitalization, fixed asset reconciliation and inventory process, tax support, process improvements, and ad hoc projects.
The candidate is responsible for working with internal and external partners to understand key business issues in order to facilitate all aspects of financial transactions that occur within the organization. The candidate must have excellent quantitative, analytical, organizational, and communication skills. The candidate must have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and work well under tight deadlines. The candidate must display an innovative and flexible attitude towards the application of his or her skills to the changing needs of the business.
1. Financial Reporting/Monthly Close Process:
- Posting of period end journal entries to facilitate financial statements.
- Reconciliation of all General Ledger accounts, including Cash/Banks, Accounts Receivable, Prepaid Expense, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and Accrued Expenses.
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement review and variance analysis.
2. Financial Analysis and Review
- Understand impact of financial transactions and provide relevant variance analysis and review.
- Assist Finance management with parent company reporting and requests.
- Help with accounting, tax, and miscellaneous reporting compliance.
- Support A/P approval process as first layer of review on vendor invoicing.
3. Finance Projects:
- Assist with Ad Hoc Projects.
- BS Accounting degree.
- 0-2 years’ experience with accounting.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills, especially in our fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints; strong organizational skills
- Ability to periodically work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Exposure to PeopleSoft, Salesforce, Financial Force, Concur, Balance Sheet Reconciliations and P&L Review and Flux Analysis
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.