Location: Tulsa, OK
What you’ll be doing…
This entry level role, which is part of the Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm and learn the practical application of your degree concepts. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in a new field through on the job training.
As part of a dynamic and challenging Finance organization, you will help some of the world’s biggest enterprises do business smarter. Joining a team that collaborates and provides solutions – you’ll be doing more than just working the numbers. You will be given responsibilities for key components of the financial statement close process, which will allow you to enhance and apply your skills while gaining experience and developing subject matter expertise in a variety of topics. When you work for Verizon in Billing Solutions, we aim to make life easier for our customers and support our employees.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Validate new domestic or international vendors using vendor supplied data and company provisioning systems and maintain current Vendor and account information within audit systems.
- Receive and load invoice data.
- Process invoices for timely payment that maximizes the cash position of the company and reconciles payment detail within ledger systems.
- Perform routine audits on invoices received from vendors and file claims.
- Resolve claims filed with vendors.
- Perform analysis on transactions and accounts in order to satisfy Sarbanes Oxley control requirements.
- Execute queries using company systems and perform data analysis.
- Perform reconciliations on accounts to identify missed payment history or vendor posting errors.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Economics, Business IT, Statistics, Math or related major at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date by June 2021.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Tulsa, OK.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the following: data querying and analytics, record reconciliation, SQL.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.