What you’ll be doing…
The Business Excellence (BE) team helps Verizon business units solve key challenges. As an Engagement Manager you will lead cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate transformational opportunities. You will leverage your client relationship management and consulting skills to drive change in a rapidly evolving business environment.
In this role you’ll be directly responsible for our clients’ satisfaction and for the success of the engagement. Through thought-leadership and business acumen you will ensure that we exceed expectations and deliver the greatest value possible to our clients. You’ll work side-by-side with a group of talented consultants from various disciplines who are committed to driving key initiatives forward and positioning Verizon for future growth. All of this, while you play a key role in important business decisions and gain exposure to senior executives from various functions. As a sought after business partner and truth-teller, you will maintain an open mind and keep an eye on the horizon for emerging business models and technological innovations that can be leveraged by Verizon.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading transformational initiatives with cross-functional teams from multiple business units.
- Developing trusted advisor relationships with internal clients.
- Creating multi-year waste reduction and/or revenue growth strategies.
- Preparing engagement proposals to present for approval to our senior clients.
- Identifying obstacles and roadblocks and proactively developing approaches to overcome them.
- Building a factbase leveraging internal and external data.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Promoting the use of internal best practices (lean six sigma, design thinking, agile).
- Populating and maintaining initiatives within Verizon’s database.
- Assisting with the documentation of Verizon’s end-to-end processes in an effort to illuminate waste reduction and/or revenue growth opportunities.
- Leveraging change management best practices to mitigate resistance.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in an MBA program majoring in Strategy, Data Analytics, Consulting, Finance, Engineering, Marketing or a related field, with an expected completion date by June 2021.
- Four or more years of work experience in Corporate Strategy, Operations, Data Analytics, Management Consulting, Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Business Modeling, or a related field.
- Experience creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
- Lean Six Sigma, Design Thinking and/or Agile certification.
- Project management experience and/or certification.
- Demonstrated quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to summarize key insights from analyses in presentations and written communications to key clients.
- Demonstrated record of successfully managing client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of comfort working in an unstructured and ambiguous environment.
- Experience with Change Management best practices.
- Facilitation, training and coaching expertise.
- Experience with a management consulting organization.
- Experience with zero based budgeting and zero based design.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.