When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy, and the skills and experiences you’ve gained in your MBA program to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects in our Verizon Business Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your product management knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
As a Product Management Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
– Evaluate new product lines or emerging technologies including: conducting deep competitive analysis of proposed product ideas, evaluating emerging threats, opportunities, niche players and competitors, assessing sales and customer interest, and building business models.
– Take new technologies in the Mobile Edge Computing space and bring them to market. Identify and define vertical solutions for launching new technologies.
– Contribute to the Advanced Communications group in launching multiple strategic new products in the Global Enterprise segment.
– Work at the nexus of product development, design, customer research and journey mapping. Work directly with developers, customers and stakeholders across the company on product prototypes, conducting customer research and managing live trials.
– Work with the IoT team on the next generation of wireless technology by transforming businesses. Some examples include sports wagering and AR/VR technology.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a MBA program majoring in Product Management, Marketing, Market Research, Business/Data Analytics, Project Management or a related field with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
– Four or more years of work experience within Product Development, Product Management, Marketing,Business/Data Analytics, Consulting or a related field.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
– Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
– Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: Competitive analysis, customer requirements analytics/management and product management – pricing, positioning, requirements, distribution, marketing and launch, market research.
– Knowledge of consumer, enterprise or telecom products and market.
– Strong technical knowledge.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.