The Verizon Business Strategy group is responsible for developing and implementing strategies, priorities and initiatives that lead to improvements in customer satisfaction, profitable revenue growth and return on investment. You will work with business unit leaders, corporate stakeholders and external resources to generate mid-term growth and shareholder value creation. This group analyzes and identifies business opportunities, market demand, gaps and near-and mid-term strategies and generates insights and strategies to help inform: New business and profitable growth opportunities (both organic and inorganic), Disruptive business models. Capital and resource allocation.
In this role, you will rely on quantitative, financial, and qualitative analyses to determine the next mid-term growth inflection points for Verizon Business Group and develop strategic recommendations based on these findings. Focus will go towards growing Verizon share, revenue and profitability of IoT services.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire Verizon Business Group’s IoT product portfolio.
- Adopt a well-structured approach for opportunity assessment and strategy definition.
- Research and apply critical thinking to industry trends, competitor dynamics and current trends to provide relevant business insights.
- Develop insights on industry challenges and new opportunities through competitive analysis and market research.
- Develop effective presentations.
- Explain relative value creation by looking at competitive benchmarks, industry trends and market dynamics.
- Participate in scenario planning and “war gaming” workshops.
- Partner with leadership by leveraging market insights to identify and conceptualize new growth opportunities that will advance business goals.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders—business unit executives, Verizon corporate finance and product development teams—to realize the value of strategic initiatives.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days (in Basking Ridge, NJ) as set by the manager.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with customer value mapping.
- Experience in corporate strategy, strategy consulting, technology consulting, corporate development, or investment banking.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with relative value creation by looking at competitive benchmarks, industry trends and market dynamics.
- Capability to be a structured thinker with a strong analytical approach.
- Excellent research, problem solving, and analytical skills, including excellent PowerPoint and Excel capabilities, with impeccable analytical and business judgment.
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills; high proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to synthesize information quickly and present insights to senior management.
- Background or demonstrated interest in telecom, technology or media industries.
- Two or more years of experience working in a top-tier management consulting firm or tech boutique.
- Passion for and experience with technology and technology industry.
- Proven track record of problem identification, solution development, implementation and post-implementation monitoring and support.
- Ability to be a team player with experience working both in teams and as an individual contributor.
- Robust communication skills (long-form writing, PowerPoint and verbal).
- Highly developed strategic skills and business acumen.
- Experience arriving at the answer through a combination of independent research, financial analysis, competitive benchmarking and data; non-biased fact-based strategy formulation.
- Proficiency with financial accounting and ability to identify insights from financial statements.
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to be creative and thrive in a dynamic environment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.