When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within Verizon’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
In this CSR internship, projects will be assigned that may cover some of the following topics:
– Support the CSR marketing team with programmatic marketing campaigns.
– Identify new digital and social media tools to drive interest and engagement.
– Analyze and interpret data to make recommendations on best-in-class CSR marketing programs.
– Support our volunteerism program through relevant projects including but not limited to our nonprofit partner processes, supporting the launch of a skills-based volunteerism pilot, and racial equity programming.
– Support the evolution of strategy for our responsible business programs.
– Prepare and report on findings and recommendations for various audiences.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program in Marketing, Communications, Business, Corporate Social Responsibility or related major with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2024.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
– Demonstrated leadership in school, project work, or extra-curricular activities or clubs.
– Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Demonstrated skills for business success, including project management, problem-solving and the ability to diagnose and meet business demands.
– Demonstrated strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
– Knowledge of the corporate social responsibility realm.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.