When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
As part of the Finance organization, you will help some of the world’s biggest enterprises do business smarter. Joining a dynamic team that collaborates and provides solutions – youll be doing more than just working the numbers. Whether in Accounting, Financial Operations, or Planning and Analysis, we aim to make life easier for our customers. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects during this 9 week experience that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your accounting and finance knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
– Use your skills in impactful projects, meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
– Gain knowledge of daily business operations.
– Attend learning programs and training sessions.
– Participate in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
– Manage your projects while constantly being challenged to generate smart solutions.
– Prepare yourself to become a future leader in our Finance organization.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
The internship will be a hybrid model (combined virtual/work from home and in-office experience). You must be willing to travel to Basking Ridge, NJ for orientation and travel up to 40% (up to 4 weeks) of the internship program to Basking Ridge, NJ and/or Lake Mary, FL.
What we’re looking for…
Excelling in this internship, you may have the opportunity to be invited back for a second summer rotation in 2022. Successful completion of two consecutive summer internships could lead to a full-time opportunity within our Finance Leadership Development Program.
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Economics, Business with IT/Computer Science, Statistics, Math or related major at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date between December 2023 and June 2024 OR current enrollment in a Master’s degree
– program in Accounting at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date between December 2023 and June 2024.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to align to Basking Ridge, NJ and/or Lake Mary, FL work location.
– You must be willing to travel to Basking Ridge, NJ for orientation and to your assigned work location up to 40% of the internship program.
– Even better if you have:
– Demonstrated leadership in school, project work, or extra-curricular activities or clubs.
– Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Demonstrated skills for business success, including project management, problem-solving and the ability to diagnose and meet business demands.
– Experience with Digital Tools, including but not limited to areas such as Robotics (RPA), Cognitive Computing (NLP/NLG), Analytics (Python, R), Visualization (Qlik, Looker) and Blockchain.
Students must apply directly to Verizon’s website to be considered. Search for title of opportunity at www.verizon.com/campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.