When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your business strategy knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with business unit leaders and functional leaders at the highest levels within Verizon to execute on a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business and preparing the business for the future.
As an Enterprise Solutions intern, you will have the opportunity to assist with a wide range of activities surrounding the development and ongoing maintenance of Verizon Managed Services customer networks, primarily incident and change management.
In this internship, you may have the opportunity to:
– Assist with developing and maintaining user-facing features and capabilities for the service portal.
– Build reusable code and libraries in different environments.
– Assist with the optimization of current and upcoming developments.
– Help ready the microservice platform to host.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program with a concentration in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Security, Cloud Computing, Information Management Systems, Software Development, Network Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security or related major with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Cary, NC.
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
– Experience in network engineering, information management systems or information technology.
– Experience with building code.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.