When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
As the Sourcing and Supply Chain Process Transformation Manager you will be responsible for championing the introduction of new sourcing, category management and supply chain concepts, processes and models into Verizon’s Global Supply Chain organization. You will partner with the business to identify new transformational opportunities to accelerate our competitive advantages. The development of sourcing and supply chain capabilities is a top corporate priority and the initiatives you develop will have visibility at the highest levels of Verizon leadership and will empower a world class organization.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Drive the development of the new sourcing and supply chain concepts, processes, tools and technologies.
- Provide leading practice perspectives in the Sourcing and Supply Chain space.
- Partner with all stakeholders to champion new models.
- Measure ROI and create business cases for transformation initiatives to enable strategy alignment andimplementation.
- Provide knowledge leadership to Verizon about sourcing and supply chain operational models, translating
- leading models from various industries into the telecommunications space.
- Champion sourcing and supply chain skill advancement by identifying appropriate training.
- Travel to key conferences, third party facilities, and technology demonstrations to drill down in industry and trends.
- Partner with third parties to co-develop operational models.
- Executive reviews of corporate and industry intelligence.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment as a first-year MBA or masters degree student with a focus in supply chain or a directly related area such as data analytics, operations management, logistics, or industrial engineering with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
- Four or more years of work experience directly related to Supply Chain Management including:Market Intelligence, Supply Chain Innovation, Technology Insights Generation
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Ten or more years of total work experience, including some in technology and relevant industries; multiple-industry perspectives are a plus.
- Cross industry experience to develop a wide body of experience with sourcing and supply chain models in different contexts.
- Experience or certification in Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience working in a tier-1 management consulting organization.
- Experience in the development and measurements of KPIs.
- Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
- Proven track record for managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using MS PowerPoint and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
- Strategy, operational processes, and customer experience.
- Facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.