When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
This internship position, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of the internship experience.
You will take part in meaningful work and real-life audits that span across multiple organizations including Network and Technology and the Information Security Office that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Youll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your Cyber Security and overall Technology knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
As a Technology Audit Summer Intern, you may work in these areas:
– Technology risk areas, including identity and access management, encryption, privacy, and cloud security.
– Networking and virtualization technologies such as 5G, Fiber Optic transmission, IP Multimedia Systems, Cloud and Edge Computing.
– Cyber Security areas such as Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, VPN, Vulnerability and Patch Management.
– Qualitative and quantitative risk assessments and analysis.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
The internship will be a hybrid model (combined virtual/work from home and in-office experience). You must be willing to travel for orientation and up to 40% of the internship program (up to 4 weeks) to Basking Ridge, NJ.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in IT Audit, Computer Science, Network Engineering, Business IT, Business Analytics, or Math at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to align to Basking Ridge, NJ as your work location.
– Willingness to travel to your assigned work location for orientation and up to 40% of the internship program.
Even better if you have:
– Strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
– Experience with AWS, OpenStack, SFDC, SAP S/4 HANA, Oracle, PeopleSoft.
– Experience with routers, switches, and/or firewalls.
– Knowledge of Java, C++ or similar programming languages.
– Knowledge of Git (Github / GitLab), Jenkins, and JIRA.
– Experience with Digital Tools, including but not limited to areas such as Robotics (RPA), Cognitive Computing (NLP/NLG), Analytics (Python, R), Visualization
(Qlik, Looker) and Blockchain.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.