Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
This team typically works out of the Carlsbad office location. If you are offered a full-time opportunity after the internship concludes, you may be required to relocate in the future. Please consider your interest in this location for future opportunities when you apply.
Flexibility to work among different project teams dedicated to:
- Web & mobile application engineering
- Data analytics & cloud application engineering
- Distributed enterprise software applications
- System infrastructure development; scripting, automation, data visualization & dash boarding
- Cyber security software & systems engineering
- Cyber security operations & cyber incident response
- Business security risk & analysis
- Cybersecurity AI & Machine Learning
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer & Hardware Engineering, Computer Network & Security, Computer Science, Computer Science & Applications, Computer Science & Computer & Systems Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Computer Science & Mathematics, Computer Science & Network Security, Cyber Security, Electrical Engineering Computer Science, Engineering & Computer Science, Information System Security, Information Systems & Cybersecurity, Information Systems Security, Math & Computer Science, Network Engineering, Network Security, Software Engineering, Software Systems Engineering or related/equivalent
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs
- Ability to stay current on emergent cyber security threats and advanced persistent threat groups
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Experience with or desire to learn cloud security best practices
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship.
- Previous internship experience in software development and/or cybersecurity areas
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and cloud security fundamentals Previous experience with AI & Machine Learning
- Related course work: Design Patterns, Algorithms, user Interface/User Experience Design, Responsive Design, Cybersecurity, Software Engineering, Networking , Incident Response & Forensics, Vulnerability Management & Remediation, Cybersecurity Fundamentals, Network/Endpoint Security, Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance
- Knowledge/Experience with deployment tools like: Amazon Web Services, Heroku, Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, Puppet, CHEF, CF Engine, Ansible, Docker, SaltStack
- Knowledge/Experience with security tools like: Nexpose/Nessus/Qualys, Kali, Coverity/Fortify, AppSpider/Netsparker/Burp, Metasploit, Nmap,
- Knowledge/Experience with cloud platforms like: Amazon , Openstack, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Salesforce
- Knowledge/Experience with databases like: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle , PostgreSQL, Cassandra, HBase, MariaDB, Hive, Amazon DynamoDB, Impala
- Knowledge/Experience with front end development frameworks like: React, Ionic, Bootstrap, Semantic UI, Foundation, Angular, Polymer, Flask, Django