Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As an Antenna and Microwave Engineer Intern, you will function as part of a team of experienced individuals as they develop antennas and microwave components for Viasat’s Remote Sensing Antenna Systems and Satellite Communications Terminals. As part of your daily tasks you may be selecting or designing microwave components, designing antennas, developing specifications for key microwave components, developing test plans and procedures, testing antennas and microwave components, reviewing the test data, and creating the test reports. You may also perform G/T and EIRP analysis and testing. In this role, you will see your designs become a reality. If this sounds like the job for you, read on.
- Bachelor’s degree “Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, and/or a related field.
- Class work or experience in Electromagnetic Theory, Antenna Design, Microwave Component Design and/or Satellite Communications.
- Familiarity with analytical & programming tools (e.g., HFSS, TICRA, Mathcad, Matlab, etc.).
- Interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work in a team environment and work across divisional boundaries.
- Ability to work independently and with coordinated group design activities.
- Hands-on design experience through laboratory testing and system measurement desired.
- Ability to analyze requirements, develop test plans/procedures, and document test results.
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Previous internship experience is a plus
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!