Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
This role will require you to work on the development of advanced ground, airborne, and space antenna systems and advanced the art of satellite communications. You will be taking the communications system designs from proposal concept, through design analysis and modeling, documenting and building the design, testing both components and systems, through qualification, to its full implementation, deployment, and support with an emphasis in the antenna system element. This will be done in a team environment that may involve working with engineers in different geographical locations. This role will support both commercial and military antenna system products. It will also involve working with marketing and sales teams for new business development. In this role, you will see your designs become a reality. If this sounds like the job for you, read on.
- Education: MSEE, minimum or BSEE with some related lab, intern, or co-op experience
- Oriented to new business development.
- Citizenship requirements: US Citizenship Required
- Specific Technologies/Experience with:
- Solid foundation in Electromagnetic Theory with emphasis in Antenna and Microwave component design.
- Antenna design experience, preferably in the satellite communications field (reflectors and arrays desired).
- Familiarity with analytical & programming tools (e.g., HFSS, TICRA, Mathcad, Matlab, etc.).
- Interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work in a team environment and work across divisional boundaries.
- Ability to work independently and with coordinated group design activities.
- Hands-on design experience through laboratory testing and system measurement desired.
- Satellite communications systems experience.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!