Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist University Grad
This is an exciting role for an entry-level graduate who is looking to make a difference in the field of environmental, health and safety. A position with Viasat allows a recent graduate to be a part of dynamic and innovative projects, while providing mentoring and professional development. This position is responsible for identifying opportunities and driving improvement of EHS for our main corporate campus in Carlsbad, CA. Reporting to the EHS Lead, this position will be working to support programs, processes, and procedures within different business sectors.
* Support day-to-day EHS functions
* Perform risk analysis, job hazard analysis, and standard operating procedures
* Review work instructions and current work practices to identify need for additional controls
* Perform routine workplace and safety equipment inspections
* Partner with Operations Leadership at multiple levels to ensure alignment and support of EHS compliance and improvement activities
* Perform EHS audits, inspections and training
* Incident notification, investigation, reporting, and tracking of corrective actions to closure
* Drive corrective action resolution with a hands-on and innovative approach to problem solving
* Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Fire Protection Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Engineering, Environmental Management, or related field
* Working knowledge of general manufacturing safety processes, procedures, and requirements
* Working knowledge of general and/or construction OSHA requirements
* Working knowledge of OSHA recordkeeping and reporting
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to stand and/or walk for 8+ hrs. daily, including climbing stairs
* Exemplary initiative and a learn-by-doing mentality is encouraged
* Must have strong communication and written skills, be proficient in MS Office programs
* Effective at working within team settings
* Attention to detail will be critical to success of projects
* Demonstrated ability to set and meet targets
* Self-motivated with high energy to achieve results
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and priorities
* Strong analytical mindset and ability to create, analyze, and provide performance improvement opportunities using a variety of data-driven tools
* A passion for EHS, sustainability and social responsibility and an in depth understanding of the global context, various stakeholders, concerns and impacts related to this discipline