Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Do you have a finance background and are passionate about automation and systems? Are you ready to join a company of highly-motivated people, who do their best work in a dynamic and informal environment? Recently featured in San Diego Magazine’s list of Cool Companies, Viasat is looking for an exceptional Financial Business Systems Analyst University Grad.
The primary function of this role is to provide critical Oracle support to the Finance team. As a key member of the financial team, the Financial Business Systems Analyst will contribute to the success of the organization by planning, conducting and directing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. You will leverage your consultative talents and apply your keen analytical skills by providing technical assistance to identify, evaluate and develop cost effective systems that meet user’s needs. You will help design and create system specifications in support of the business. Your understanding of financial enterprise ERP systems will help support the accounting team’s day-to-day operations. You will also have the opportunity to research, inform and recommend opportunities to apply appropriate technology solutions to support the business.
- BA/BS required, strongly preferred in a Business discipline with an IT emphasis
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate a good amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Assist with the review, consolidation and reduction of data discrepancies
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to communicate technical terminology/concepts to non-technical users
- Experience as a Financial Business Systems Analyst
- Some functional knowledge of Oracle R12 Financials footprint