Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Become a personal contributor in our mission to connect the world. Viasat’s Environmental Compliance Engineers innovate in an environment that encourages collaboration while challenging the status quo. Join the industry leader in satellite communication and technology and take control of your professional pathway.
Our culture empowers us to do the right thing and explore technology that will benefit people across the globe. It is uniquely Viasat and, intentionally, not like any other company.
- Residential broadband service – over 700K customers and growing
- Viasat Satellite technology holds the Guinness World Record for highest capacity communication satellite
- Our in-flight Wi-Fi connectivity is presently streaming Amazon Prime and Netflix on providers like JetBlue and United Airlines
- Secure communication services – trusted encryption and networking solutions (government, military, critical infrastructure & utilities)
Who you’ll be working with…
Our Environmental Compliance team is dedicated to ensuring that all Viasat parts, products, and components (whether Viasat-made or commercially off the shelf), meet national and international compliance requirements. Before any of our products ship, our Environmental Compliance team verifies that it meets all compliance and regulatory standards and guidelines, while ensuring the timely shipment of our product to our customers, making EC integral to the success, growth, and reputation of our company. Our Environmental Compliance team is made up of diverse, energetic, intelligent, detail oriented individuals who are looking for personal growth and to help Viasat grow in terms of environmental compliance.
Who you are…
Viasat is looking for an energetic, sharp, diligent, and extremely detail-oriented Environmental Compliance Engineer to join our Environmental Compliance Team. In this role, you will be an integral member of the team as you will be assisting with the analysis of the design and material selection used on our various product lines. You will be responsible for understanding how the materials selected and design of the product, help qualify it to various Hazardous Material, Fungus, Flammability, and additional material analysis type standards. You will also be responsible for liaising with the various program managers and program teams to discuss findings and engineering changes to design work. Additionally you will be exposed to and learn other Environmental Compliance laws and regulations including but not limited to Proposition 65, REACH, WEEE, ROHS, Battery and Packaging Directives. You may help assist other team members in the analysis of Viasat product to these standards as well. Your excellent attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and analytical ability will enable you to assist with managing projects, performing risk assessments, performing material analyses, writing compliance reports, inputting compliance data into databases, evaluating supplier material declarations, driving environmental improvements, writing procedures, issuing customer material declarations, quoting work effort, and providing technical expertise to cross functional teams. All of these help ensure compliance requirements are met. Your excellent written and verbal communication skills will allow you to competently present results at meetings and generate design guidelines as necessary. As a self-motivated team player with excellent communication and organization skills, you will enjoy the quick pace while keeping in sync with colleagues across multiple geographic areas. You are able to work within a group and have experience with process development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Materials Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or work in design &/or material selection and analysis through project or work experience
- Excellent communication, writing, documentation, organization, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in parallel
- Experience in AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer, or equivalent design software
- Experience with various material characterization techniques
- Knowledge of Fungus, Flammability and HazMat requirements including but not limited to: MIL-STD-810G, MIL-HDBK-454, DO-160, FAA regulations, NAS-411, EPA 17, etc.
- Previous knowledge or experience with compliance regulations (GHS, RoHS, REACH, Dangerous Goods Classifications, Packaging, and or Battery Directives/Regulations)
- Working knowledge of Agile is desired.
- Experience or education in Nanomaterials/Nanoparticles or metals
This convenient location allows easy access to downtown Atlanta, as well as the mountains and parks of north Georgia. Well known as a delightful place to live and work, this area presents all the sports, cultural, and entertainment advantages of the city of Atlanta as well as the recreational attractions of North Georgia.
Want to join a company that dreams big and executes on big ideas? Join us on the corner of imagination and innovation and submit your resume today. It’s easy and could launch your career! Once you submit your resume, someone from the Talent Acquisition department will reach out to you if they see a fit.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!