Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As an Environmental Compliance Engineer you will be joining a team that strives to
do the right thing with making sure our products are compliant with various
environmental regulations. Viasat is seeking a strong Undergraduate,
Environmental Compliance Engineering candidate for the summer of 2019.
Tasks to be performed include assisting with special compliance projects, learning
compliance certifications and regulations, reviewing components for
compliance regulations, researching material properties including susceptibility to
fungus, flammability, hazardous materials, compiling this data into environmental compliance tool, and working directly with Environmental Engineering Senior Leadership.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Materials Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Ability to organize and prioritize project tasks. Project Management skills or classwork preferred
- Demonstrated initiative required to complete assigned projects as part of cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with process improvements
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- At least three years of undergraduate study completed
- Strong knowledge of material properties especially with regards to polymeric materials
- Experience with or knowledge of flammability, toxic flumes, fungus, or hazardous chemcial/ material testing or analysis
- Experience with or knowledge of MIL-STD’S that apply to material use or selection
- Previous internship experience in Environmental Compliance Engineering
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!