Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for mechanical design of communication electronics products and test fixtures, from conceptual design and analysis through transition to production, for defense and commercial applications. You will also create solid models of equipment, analyze hardware as required to meet customer environment, and assist with product testing. You will be solving structural and mechanical problems. You could be working on ground or mobile antenna mechanical development. Your work could be supporting programs spanning from a circuit board to a satellite.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or a related field.
- Must be able to work independently and solve complex problems
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship.
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
- Experience using SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Experience with thermal or structural analysis
- Classes taken in fluids, stress analysis, structures, strength of materials
- Experience with electronics using circuit boards (PWA or PWB) is a plus
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!