Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
This team typically works out of the Carlsbad office location. If you are offered a full-time opportunity after the internship concludes, you may be required to relocate in the future. Please consider your interest in this location for future opportunities when you apply.
Are you passionate about solving problems? This is your opportunity to work hands-on throughout the summer and learn more about user experience design from our corporate team.
As a Product Design intern, you will work on a variety of projects that will not only challenge your skills, but will make a real impact on Viasat’s product offerings by bringing them to life. In this role, you will take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use solutions for people around the world. You will work with other designers, user researchers, content strategists, engineers, and other product teams – with a variety of goals, from conducting audits, to creating user flows and wireframes, to building user interface mockups and prototypes. You will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure the final product is how it should be.
- Produce and test design deliverables such as interaction flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Participate in design sprints side by side with our designers and engineers
- Assist in primary user research
- Currently pursuing a degree in UX/HCI/HF, psychology, design, computer science, or related fields
- A portfolio of your previous works
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week internship
- Demonstrate proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Creative curiosity, analytical, & hardworking enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, collaborative, and independent
- Strong background in user-centered design principles
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!