One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Are you the type of person that believes in doing the right thing even when there is an easier path to take? Is your personal motto “Quality First”? If this describes you, you might be a good fit for our Carlsbad Quality Engineering Team!
In this role, you will grow your engineering career as you:
- Review Supplier Quality data and trends and provide analysis and recommendations to the business
- Engage with suppliers to build relationships to partner in solving problems to improve quality, on-time delivery and cost
- Help coordinate Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs) and Failure Analysis Requests (FARs) for improvement
- Evaluate our processes and methods of monitoring and measuring suppliers’ performance and provide guidance on improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather input and standardize processes between quality and our supply chain
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Some experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing organization, for example, support of electronic assemblies including SMT CCAs, Box Build and Test
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Strong math, statistics and data analysis skills
- General knowledge of Supplier Quality
- Working knowledge of PLM Tool (Agile) as well as ERP system (i.e. Oracle)
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!