Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Are you interested in joining a professional and creative company with a great relaxed environment? Viasat is the place for you! We encourage new thoughts and views from all individuals while promoting strong group commitment to our challenging yet rewarding projects. Our dynamic work environment coupled with our driven and pioneering employees gives you the perfect opportunity to thrive in your chosen career!
As a Quality Assurance Analyst you will be part of multiple cross-functional teams that drive efforts towards developing data visualizations, implementing data collection systems, and maintaining databases.
The qualified candidate should have the ability to:
- Use tools such as Microsoft Excel and SQL to perform analyses and write formulas and queries
- Work in Tableau to create and present data in user friendly reports and graphics
- Train end-users on new reports and dashboards
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment and developed reports
- Interface with users to understand and develop solutions to meet user needs
- Understand manufacturing metrics and environments
- Understand operational metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Data Analytics, or related discipline
- Experience handling large data sets and relational databases
- Strong analytical, communication, and interaction skills
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment and metrics through coursework, projects, or previous internship experience
- Passion for reliability improvements and data gathering
- Experience with Python or relevant coding language
- Working knowledge of PLM Tool (such as Agile) as well as ERP system (such as Oracle)
- Experience as Data Analyst or in a related position through work or internships.