Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
In this role you will work in the development of advanced ground and space antenna systems to advance the art of satellite and terrestrial communications. You will produce concepts and perform design, analysis, modeling, and testing of various types of antenna components and antenna systems. You will also have significant involvement with antenna components, waveguide arrays, waveguide structures, reflector antennas and feeds. You will take designs from the conceptual drawing board into the implementation of building and testing the finished product. If you have the flexibility to perform in a dynamic work environment and have a strong personal ownership of your work you will do well in this role.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience with Antenna Theory or Electromagnetics coursework
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Cooperative or intern experience in a relevant industry job, or research work with the Electrical Engineering department at a college or university
- Exposure and some experience using 3D full wave electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS and/or CST
- Some experience with GRASP for reflector analysis
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!