One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
You will work with a team of reliability engineers, as well as cross-functional teams involving manufacturing, quality assurance, design and logistic engineering. The reliability engineering intern will also work on projects involving process improvements, collaborating with design and advance manufacturing teams to push the reliability engineering efforts earlier in the product’s development cycle.
The Reliability Engineering Intern will work on:
- Diagnosing the root cause of product reliability issues and their corrective actions on commercial aviation broadband connectivity systems
- Analysis of field and life test data to detect and correct reliability issues
- Reliability predictions (both standards-based and physics of failure methods) of commercial avionic systems to identify design weakness and opportunities for improvement
- Software reliability of embedded systems
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent field
- Some experience in support of electronic assemblies including SMT CCAs, Box Build and Test, etc.
- Strong math, statistics and data analysis skills
- Interest and aptitude in pursuing root cause of reliability problems
- Strong General knowledge of printed circuit boards and integrated electronics
- Laboratory skills including failure analysis techniques and electrical measurements
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of data analysis and statistics
- Proficiency in programming or scripting language
- Working knowledge of PLM Tool (Agile) as well as ERP system (i.e. Oracle)
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!