Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
The Reliability Engineering Intern will work on:
- Reliability predictions (both standards-based and physics of failure methods)
- Analysis of field and reliability test data
- Diagnosing root cause of product reliability issues and their corrective actions
- Reliability of embedded and other software
You will work with a team of reliability engineers, as well as cross functional teams involving manufacturing, quality assurance, design and logistic engineering. The reliability engineering intern will also work on projects involving process improvements, collaborating with design and advance manufacturing teams to push the reliability engineering efforts earlier in the product’s development cycle.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- Some experience in support of electronic assemblies including SMT CCAs, Box Build and Test, etc.
- Strong math, statistics and data analysis skills
- Interest and aptitude in pursuing root cause of reliability problems
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Strong General knowledge of printed circuit boards and integrated electronics
- Laboratory skills including failure analysis techniques and electrical measurements
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, & Power Point
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of data analysis and statistics
- Proficiency in programming or scripting language
- Working knowledge of PLM Tool (Agile) as well as ERP system (i.e. Oracle)
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!