One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
At Viasat, you’ll work with top technical talent who can help you bridge the gap from theory to designing, building, and operating software that enables the world’s fastest broadband satellites to deliver services across the global. You will help enable communication and entertainment everywhere from airplanes to remote communities.
We are looking for a motivated and conscientious Software Engineer Intern to work on the implementation, integration, and test of software that enables AIOps on computer networks, automates network life-cycle management, and advances network deployment efficiency and operational resiliency. Your “can do” attitude and the drive to learn new things will help continue to drive Viasat’s success. You will use your computer science knowledge to implement software designs and deploy and set the standard for next generation networks and systems. You will be a member of the interdisciplinary engineering team working on in a broad array of possible topics such as network management and device orchestration software, topology optimization, capacity planning, traffic steering and engineering, build decision tree for root cause analysis, develop graph algorithms for searching and path routing.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Operational Research, or related fields
- Knowledge in Graph Algorithms, Databases, Decision Tree, Machine Learning, or Cloud Technology
- Proficiency coding in Python, C/C++, Java, or Golang
- Ability to commit to a 10 to 12-week summer internship
- Previous software development internship experience
- Knowledge in Computer Networking and Telecommunications
- Courses taken in Probability and Statistics, Linear Algebra, Math Optimization, and Artificial Intelligence