Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, CE or a related field
- Expertise with multi-threaded applications and inter-process communication
- Understanding of real-time concepts on embedded Linux or RTOS platforms
- Experience with C/C++
- Scripting expertise with Bash, Python or similar
- Experience with development tools such as Perforce, Git, Crucible, Swarm, Bamboo, Jenkins, JIRA, Bugzilla
- US Citizenship
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Linux and Linux driver expertise
- Web-based user interface development experience
- Experience with large-scale wireless communication systems (SATCOM, LTE, etc.)
- Networking experience: TCP/IP, NAT, L2 Switching, Firewalls, AAA, DHCP
- Experience managing Cisco switches and routers
- Experience with Docker
- Technical writing/documentation experience (Wiki, Word, Visio)
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!