Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
We are looking for results-oriented software engineers to work on the requirements, design, implementation, integration, and test of full-stack web application software! Members of our team develop code throughout the full stack including frontend, backend, infrastructure, and deployment. We additionally prepare operations user documentation and support our global services team by solving field issues. Your “can do” attitude and the drive to learn new things will help continue to drive Viasat’s success!
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Knowledge of full-stack web development
- Experience working with C++, Java, Python, Node, or Go
- Scripting with Bash, Python or similar
- Experience with development tools such as Perforce, Git, Crucible, Swarm, Bamboo, Jenkins, JIRA, Bugzilla
- US Citizenship Required
- Ability to contribute to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Leadership experience and interest (e.g., scrum master, team leader, mentor)
- Linux experience
- Web-based user interface design experience
- Experience with large-scale wireless communication systems (SATCOM, LTE, etc.)
- Cloud infrastructure experience (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Technical writing/documentation experience (Wiki, Word, Visio)
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!