Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Flexibility to work among different project teams dedicated to:
- System infrastructure development; scripting, automation, data visualization & dashboarding
- Network function virtualization, orchestration
- Virtualized networking and service chaining
- Data analytics & cloud application engineering
- Distributed enterprise software applications
- Cybersecurity software & systems engineering
- Web & mobile application engineering
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree program
- Ability to learn technologies quickly
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- US Citizenship is required
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship (12 weeks preferred)
- Previous internship experience
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and related technologies, etc.
- Related coursework: computer security, distributed systems, operating systems, web technologies, algorithms
- Knowledge of/experience with version control
- Knowledge of/experience with cloud products such as AWS, Kubernetes, or Mesos
- Experience in contributing to Open Source software projects