Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
This team typically works out of the Carlsbad office location. If you are offered a full-time opportunity after the internship concludes, you may be required to relocate in the future. Please consider your interest in this location for future opportunities when you apply.
As part of the Information Technology Global infrastructure team, you’ll build a breadth of knowledge including software development, container orchestration, monitoring and solutions to improve the way Viasat’s infrastructure interacts with our employees. You will design, develop and support systems to automate our infrastructure, help gather and visualize key data, and build front ends and self service solutions to make infrastructure easier to consume and more efficient. Our Infrastructure teams work on a variety of cloud platforms, from AWS, Azure, to on premise OpenStack for compute and platform services. We’re actively improving our ability to ingest all of these disparate systems into a centralized and scalable database, and develop a front end to ingest that data with a heavy emphasis on UX Design to ensure we’re meeting our stakeholders needs. The team works heavily with our container, cloud, and networking teams with and offers a broad exposure and understanding around the infrastructure that sits underneath the cloud everyone works in.
Our ideal candidate would have experience with python, linux, front end web development, leveraging APIs, UX design techniques, and desire to automate complex processes. They are curious, have a willingness to learn new things, and aren’t afraid to peak under the hood to see how our underlying infrastructure operates and be involved in improving those processes.
- Flexibility to work among different project teams dedicated to:
- System infrastructure development; scripting, automation, data visualization & dashboarding
- Network function virtualization, orchestration
- Data analytics & cloud application engineering
- Distributed enterprise software applications
- Cybersecurity software & systems engineering
- Web application engineering
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math & Computer Science, and/or a related field
- Previous experience or exposure to Cloud Technology, Automation, Full Stack, Apps, and/or Front-end
- Experience using Python, Java, Linux, and/or C/C++
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Courses or experience related to front-end design
- Knowledge/Experience with deployment tools like: Amazon Web Services, Azure