Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a member of Viasat’s fast-paced engineering team, you will contribute on a variety of tasks including: system design, system/algorithm simulation, design implementation, and system test and verification of communications systems and components for satellite and wireless communications markets. You will work closely with small and large teams to develop cutting edge technology with a focus on quality and time to market.
* Pursuing and Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Physics and/or a related field
* Demonstrated ability to implement and simulate algorithms in MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, or Python
* Hands-on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and/or digital analyzers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
* Knowledge or experience using TestStand or LabVIEW
* RF theory coursework and hands on lab experience with spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
* Previous relevant internship or work experience
* Educational coursework on communications systems, signal processing, or networking
* Experience with system testing and verification