Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. We strive to provide a positive, respectful, welcoming, and motivating workplace that recognizes and celebrate contributions from all genders, races, ethnicities, orientations, abilities, and backgrounds.
As a System Test Engineer University Grad, you will be performing test engineering activities for RF/Microwave products and sub-assemblies developed for commercial, military, and/or space markets that are in production and/or development. Products include microwave/millimeter wave power amplifier IC’s, mix signal IC’s, RF transceivers, phase arrays, sensors, RF sub-assemblies, digital controllers, power supplies, and space payloads. Depending on the phase of the project, tasking can range from developing test requirements, developing test plans/procedures, designing test hardware, designing test software, maintaining existing test systems, and/or supporting the testing, characterization, and troubleshooting of deliverable/production hardware. You will be given the autonomy to complete your tasks and have access to highly experienced engineers and subject matter experts to help you succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or a related field
- Proficiency in programming in one or more languages such as C#, Python, C/C++, or similar
- Good understanding of basic electronics and electronic test systems
- Knowledge in software development processes
- Knowledge of object oriented programming
- Knowledge of programming and controlling test equipment through SCPI commands
- Knowledge of RF amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
- Ability to read schematics
- Understanding of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, network analyzers, noise figure meters, and signal generators
Viasat is located in the Tempe Arizona in the ASU Technology Center. Arizona is a lovely winter haven and the golfing and resort Mecca of the Southwest. With a solid work force and an ever-expanding family-based community, The Phoenix metro area has arts, entertainment, all major league sports, and a growing electronics industry that continues to flourish.
Are you ready to take the next step in your Engineering career where you will thrive and enjoy coming to work? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at Viasat. We look forward to hearing from you.