Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a member of Viasat’s fast-paced engineering team, you will contribute on a variety of tasks including proposal writing, system design, system/algorithm simulation, hardware and software design implementation, and system test and verification of communications systems and components for satellite and optical communications markets. You will work closely with small and large teams to develop cutting edge technology with a focus on quality and time to market.
- Currently pursing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field
- Experience or desire to learn digital logic design and verification with Verilog or System Verilog for FPGA and ASIC
- Experience or desire to learn C/C++ for embedded software development
- Experience or desire to learn Python for process automation and scripting
- Demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills to inform and influence peers and supervisors
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Hands-on design experience via internship/coop, capstone, or independent projects
- Educational focus on digital signal processing (DSP), communication theory, digital logic design, and/or systems engineering
- Experience or desire to learn Matlab/Simulink for modeling, simulation, and design
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!