Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a System Integration Engineer University Grad, you will function as part of a team of experienced individuals as they design and develop Viasat’s Remote Sensing Antenna Systems and Satellite Communications Terminals. Your daily tasks could include the design and documentation of cabling interfaces between and within major assemblies on antenna systems along with the selection of components included in them. You will be responsible for preparation of test plans and procedures and conducting factory and site acceptance tests. You would also prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommend solutions to technical problems. The candidate will also direct the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment to include BER, Group Delay, G/T, or Servo response testing. A strong mechanical background and experience with mechanical assembly is a plus, as you may also assist in the assembly of the mechanical structure of the antenna systems at ViaSat and in the field. You will be expected to actively maintain good customer relations as the face of ViaSat on sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Class work or experience in the design and/or assembly of RF systems, AC/DC circuits, Servo motor controls, base-band equipment and basic networking
- Demonstrated ability to analyze requirements, develop test plans/procedures, and document test results
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral) are essential.
- Must be able to work independently and solve complex problems in remote locations with minimal assistance
- Familiar with AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT, or similar CAD package for the creation of wiring diagrams and schematics
- Experience in the operation of some of the following equipment: Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, and Network Analyzer
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Coursework or experience in satellite communications
- Demonstrated experience with Remote Sensing, Earth Observation, or other military or commercial systems
- Computer control of Ethernet devices over LAN and WAN
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!