One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As a member of Viasat’s fast-paced Test Engineering Team, you will work closely with the product design team to interpret module requirements and turn them into corresponding Production Test Plans and Production Test Equipment requirements. You will also work with the design team during the Design Verification Test phase to help determine what level of testing is required for a production. Once Production Test Requirements are defined, you will participate in the effort to develop and build custom test hardware and test automation software to meet these requirements. Some of the languages used for these test applications are C# and Python. In addition, you will participate in After Market Service approaches, strategy and execution to support these products.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Knowledge with programming in one or more languages such as LabVIEW, Python, C#, or C/C++
- Ability to understand test requirements and specifications
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of object oriented programming
- Capable of creating test documentation and test strategies for systems, subsystems, and component level testing
- Ability to architect, develop and implement test solutions that are deployable, maintainable, and cost-effective
- Proficiency with test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers, power meters, digital signal generators and noise figure meters
- Working knowledge of programming and controlling test equipment through SCPI commands
- Operational knowledge of amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!