Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a member of Viasat’s fast-paced Test Engineering Team, you will work closely with the product design team to interpret module requirements and turn them into corresponding Production Test Plans and Production Test Equipment requirements. You will also work with the design team during the Design Verification Test phase to help determine what level of testing is required for a production. Once Production Test Requirements are defined, you will participate in the effort to develop and build custom test hardware and test automation software to meet these requirements. Some of the languages used for these test applications are C# and Python. In addition, you will participate in After Market Service approaches, strategy and execution to support these products.
- Currently enrolled in a university and working towards a BS or MS in Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Knowledge with programming in one or more languages such as LabVIEW, Python, C#, or C/C++.
- Ability to understand test requirements and specifications.
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of object oriented programming
- Capable of creating test documentation and test strategies for systems, subsystems, and component level testing
- Ability to architect, develop and implement test solutions that are deployable, maintainable, and cost-effective
- Proficiency with test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers, power meters, digital signal generators and noise figure meters
- Working knowledge of programming and controlling test equipment through SCPI commands
- Operational knowledge of amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!