At Vital Strategies we value learning and personal development which is why we believe it is important to mentor future professionals who will grow personally and professionally and create impact in the public health sector. As a Vital intern you will have the chance to develop skills and contribute to our initiatives through engaging, meaningful work assignments that can help jump start your career in public health.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make Vital’s work more inclusive. All internships at Vital Strategies and Resole to Save Lives are paid opportunities. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
STOP is a global tobacco industry watchdog in which Vital Strategies is the strategic communication partner. As a STOP Design Intern, you will support the STOP team and the Design Team on projects that expose how the tobacco industry undermines public health. This will be a hands on experience giving you opportunities to develop your production and communication skills as well as contributing to visual systems for the brand.
- Support STOP Initiative with production needs (type setting, graphics, reports, posts, etc) using STOP’s visual system
- Create imagery for campaigns, social media or digital materials
- Compile and catalog an image library for Tobacco Control assets
- Support project management and design workflow
- Learn communication and presentation skills
Education and Work Experience
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program for Design, in 3rd or 4th year of program
Skills and Knowledge
- Adobe CC Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop (AfterEffects + PremierePro a bonus)
- Basic knowledge of Figma/Sketch
- Basic knowledge (or interest in) of Instagram and other social media platforms, Canva and Mailchimp
- Basic knowledge with production and producing files for web